Ofsted’s policy for determining that an inspection of a provider should not go ahead on the planned dates.
This deferral policy applies to inspections of:
- maintained schools and academies (and other types of school inspected under sections 5 and 8 of the Education Act 2005)
- inspections of early years provision under sections 49 and 50 of the Childcare Act 2006
- independent schools inspected by Ofsted
- providers of further education and skills
- children’s centres
- providers of initial teacher education