A rolling 12-month schedule of data collections and surveys carried out by the Department for Education and partner organisations.
This regularly updated schedule consists of 2 parts - a list by month, and an alphabetical list.
The list by month consists of a simple grid showing which data collections occur in each month.
The alphabetical list shows more detailed information about each survey as follows:
- survey name
- whether the collection is mandatory or optional
- the month the survey must be returned
- the organisation sponsoring the collection
- sample size - for example, a census is a collection required from 100% of schools or local authorities, sample surveys go to smaller subsets
- collection frequency - for example, annual, termly etc - ‘ad hoc’ is used for those with irregular patterns
- survey target - for example, where local authorities fill in parts of the early years (EY) census about EY settings rather than the local authorities, the survey target is the EY setting
- data supplier - the body returning the survey forms
- mandatory basis - only applies to mandatory surveys
Schools and local authorities should use the contact address below to submit comments and questions.
Education Data Division
2 St Paul’s Place
125 Norfolk Street