Looks at new options and opportunities to help the best leaders and organisations in the NHS to do more for patients.
The review identifies 5 important themes:
- one size does not fit all
- quicker transformational and transactional change is required
- ambitious organisations with a proven track record should be encouraged to expand their reach and have greater impact
- overall sustainability for the provider sector is a priority
- a dedicated implementation programme is needed to make change happen
Sir David Dalton, Chief Executive of Salford Royal Foundation Trust, was asked by the Secretary of State for Health lead this independent review.
NHS Confederation and NHS Providers have created a website to share the messages and support tools arising from the Dalton Review to help inform an NHS wide response.