Companies should use form D888/1 to check a driver’s entitlement to drive.
Ref: D888/1 PDF, 145KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
When filling in the D888/1:
- the company making the enquiry must first fill in section 1 and 2
- the driver must fill in section 3 and sign and date section 5 to give permission for the check
If your company needs to check your CPC qualification, you need to fill in section 4 with your DQC number. DVLA won’t accept forms without a signature and date.
You should send this with a cheque or postal order for £5 payable to ‘DVLA, Swansea’ to:
Published: 28 June 2013
Updated: 30 August 2017
- Team name and address updated.
- Updated version.
- Title and details updated.
- Title updated.
- PDF updated.
- Link to online service added. DVLA's View Driving Licence service can be used as a free alternative to a D888/1 form.
- Change of team address
- Correction made to bullet list.
- First published.