© Crown copyright 2017
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/customer-relationship-management-privacy-policy/customer-relationship-management-privacy-policy
Common Technology Services (CTS), part of Government Digital Service (GDS), uses a customer relationship management (CRM) platform. GDS is part of the UK Cabinet Office. The CRM helps us manage our engagement activities with other government organisations and suppliers to government.
The data we collect
- the name of your organisation including your parent department or organisation, if applicable
- your organisation’s type, address, site, website and number of employees
- your name, role and contact details, such as email address and phone number
- your IP address (if you interact directly with our CRM)
- details of meetings, phone calls, emails, agendas, outcomes, actions, minutes and other documents
- questions, comments, queries or feedback from engagement activities
Why we collect your data
CTS collects this data to help us:
- track our engagement activity with you and your organisation
- ensure our contact details are up to date
- develop a comprehensive view of our engagement activity with you and your organisation
- avoid duplicating meetings or communication on similar topics from a number of projects and functions within CTS
- understand and analyse the type and quality of our engagement activity with you and your organisation so we can improve it
- respond to any actions, questions, feedback or queries that you’ve raised with us
Where your data is stored
CTS stores your data on secure servers within Europe.
From time to time, the technical support staff of our CRM platform supplier may access your data from outside Europe. We have strict controls over how, why and when they can do this.
How long we keep your data
CTS keeps your data for as long as we are engaged with you and your organisation.
CTS regularly reviews the data we hold to ensure that it’s accurate. Once an engagement closes, or when we no longer need that data, we will remove it from our CRM platform.
Backups of our CRM platform data are automatically deleted after one month.
Your permission or option to opt-out
The data we collect will not be resold or used for commercial marketing purposes.