Claim relief online for loans that have been repaid, released or written off.
Ref: L2P https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/IndirectTax/1.0/L2P&template=L2P.xdp
If you’re a close company that’s paid tax on a loan to a participator, you may be able to reclaim that tax. Once the loan has been repaid, released or written off, if the relief is due, you can either:
- use the online form service - you’ll need to sign in to or set up a Government Gateway account
- use the print and post form
You must fill in a separate form for each claim.
To make a claim online, your Business Tax Account will need to have either your:
- Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number
- VAT reference number
You can add the UTR or VAT reference number from the homepage of your Business Tax Account.
Once you have made a claim online, you’ll get a reference number to track the progress of your claim.
Before you start the postal form
You’ll need to fill in the postal form fully before you can save it as a PDF file or print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so have all your information with you before you start to fill it in.
- your UTR
- the start and end dates of the accounting period when the loan was made
- the date the loan was made
- the start and end dates of the accounting period when the loan or part loan was repaid, released or written off
- the date the loan or part loan was repaid, released or written off
- the value of the loan or part loan repaid, released or written off
- the date when relief is due
- your bank or building society details if you want us to repay you by Bacs
If you’re using an older browser (for example Internet Explorer 8) you may need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
Related forms and guidance
Guidance on repaying director’s loans, and when you should use form L2P or form CT600A.
Corporation Tax: loans to participators by close companies (CT600A (2006) Version 2)
Use supplementary pages CT600A (2006) Version 2 if a participator has not repaid a loan to a close company within the period.
Accounts and tax returns for private limited companies
Guidance on statutory and abbreviated annual accounts, Company Tax Returns, paying Corporation Tax, corrections, amendments and dealing with losses.
Published: 4 December 2014
Updated: 25 July 2017
- Details section has been updated with additional requirements for claiming online.
- A new online service is available to use.
- First published.