Charity trustee: declaration of eligibility and responsibility
Trustees of charities in England and Wales should complete and sign this form to confirm their eligibility to be a trustee.
Applies to England and Wales
Your charity’s trustees should complete and sign this form to confirm they:
- are willing and eligible to act as trustees
- understand their charity’s purposes
- have passed any checks required if the charity works with children or vulnerable people
Send this form when you apply to register your charity with the Charity Commission.
You need to:
- print the form
- fill in the organisation name and the total number of trustees
- tick relevant boxes if the charity works with children or vulnerable people or has a corporate trustee
- get all trustees to read the form and linked material and then sign and date the form
- scan the completed form and save as a PDF file
You can then upload the form when you apply to register.
If your charity has more trustees, print another declaration form for the additional trustees to sign.
Published 23 May 2013