Complain to the Certification Officer about a trade union or employers' association

How to make an application to the Certification Officer under the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992.



There are 4 documents that deal with different aspects of making a complaint about a trade union or, in some circumstances an employers’ association, to the Certification Officer. The documents deal with:

  • the types of complaints that can be dealt with by the Certification Officer including breaches of certain types of rules and statutory provisions
  • how the Certification Officer will deal with complaints
  • the circumstances in which complaints can be made anonymous
  • registering a complaint
Published 19 August 2014
Last updated 7 April 2017 + show all updates
  1. The Certification Officer has moved, please note we have now a new address.
  2. First published.