Vehicle safety defects and recalls: code of practice
A guide about what should happen when a vehicle defect is reported or a vehicle recall is issued.
This code of practice covers what should happen when manufacturers become aware of potential safety defects in vehicles available for supply in the UK. The vehicles covered include:
- 2 and 3 wheeled motorcycles
- agricultural equipment
- commercial trailers
- commercial vehicles
- motor homes, caravans and trailer caravans
- passenger cars
- passenger carrying vehicles
- private trailers and the components fitted
Published: 17 July 2013
Updated: 8 November 2013
- The term 'manufacturer, producer or supplier' has been changed to 'producer or distributor' in line with the GPSR 2005. A definitions page has also been added.
- First published.