Plans showing high and low risk areas, specific risks and surface coal resources in the South Staffordshire local planning authority area.
The coal mining development risk plan shows the boundaries of high risk (dark-hatched) and lower risk (lighter-hatched) coalfield areas. This information helps determine the need to [submit a coal mining risk assessment](https://whitehall-admin.production.gov.uk//s:
- mine entries with potential zone of influence
- past surface hazards
- past shallow coal mine workings
- mine gas
- probable shallow coal mine workings
- geological features (fissures and break lines)
- workable coal seam outcrops
- surface (opencast) mining
The surface coal resource plan shows the areas of surface coal resources where extraction of the coal can be carried out by surface mining methods.