Means assessment form for legal aid clients not on Income Support or other passporting benefits (also includes CIV MEANS 1P).
You need to fill in CIV MEANS 1 as long as you don’t receive:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee Credit or Universal Credit (Pathfinder)
These are known as ‘passporting benefits’.
You should fill in CIV MEANS 2 instead if:
- you do receive any of these benefits
- you’re applying on behalf of a person under 16 years old with savings of over £2,500 or a regular income