Choice in end of life care
Sets out findings of an independent review into choice in end of life care.
The independently led Review of Choice in End of Life Care has provided advice to Government which includes:
- establishing a ‘national choice offer’ focused on individual’s end of life care needs by April 2020
- providing an additional £130 million funding for end of life health and social care services
- establishing 24/7 community end of life care by 2019 in all areas
- implementing shared electronic end of life care records by April 2018 in all areas
- a named responsible senior clinician for all people approaching the end of life