CLA return 2016 to 2017: technical specification
Data submission specifications and validation checks for the children looked after (CLA) return for 2016 to 2017.
Information about submitting and validating data for the children looked after data return (also known as SSDA903) for the year 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017.
It is for:
- suppliers creating management information software (MIS) for local authorities
- users of local authority MIS software
The information includes:
- a summary of the data items we collect in the return
- an explanation of formats for submitting the data
- a list of validation checks applied to the data return
Software suppliers should use the XML schema file to make sure local authorities provide XML data correctly. Note that we will test this schema once we finish developing the children looked after data collection system. If we need to amend the schema after testing it, we’ll publish a new version here.
A guide for local authorities, with detailed explanations of what information to include for each data item and how we validate the data, is also available.