Children applying for asylum in the EU
Guidance for unaccompanied children who are seeking asylum in the European Union (EU).
PDF, 5.82MB, 19 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document describes what happens if you ask for international protection in the EU (known as seeking asylum) on your own. It gives you information about the Dublin regulation, when you’re moved to another country so it can look at your claim.
The document also covers:
- what happens when you apply
- what happens if your parents are in the EU
- what you should tell the state
- how we decide which country looks at your application
- what to do if you don’t want to go to another country
- what your rights are