Policy paper

Childminder agencies (CMAs)

Information about childminder agencies (CMAs).

Applies to England



This document provides information about childminder agencies (CMAs).

CMAs can register childminders and providers of ‘childcare on domestic premises’ as an alternative to registering with Ofsted.

All CMAs must register with, and are regulated and inspected by, Ofsted.

Childminders care for children on domestic premises, usually the childminder’s own home.

Providers of ‘childcare on domestic premises’ are a group of 4 or more people who care for children on domestic premises, somewhere that’s used entirely or mainly as a private home.

Published 3 March 2022