Childhood flu programme: information for healthcare practitioners
Flu vaccination programme for children, information on the vaccination and how to administer it.
The national childhood flu immunisation programme 2016 to 2017: information for healthcare practitioners
Ref: PHE publications gateway number: 2016176 PDF, 289KB, 23 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Updated guidance on the flu vaccination and vaccination programme. The document includes information on:
- what flu is
- the flu vaccine
- administering the vaccine
- advice on vaccinating children with an egg allergy
- further resources
Published: 8 October 2013
Updated: 13 September 2016
- Updated to included more information on vaccine effectiveness and viral shedding.
- Updated to include recommendations for the 2016 to 2017 flu season
- Updated to include additional questions and links to related documents
- Information for healthcare practitioners on the national childhood flu immunisation programme 2015 to 2016
- 'The national childhood flu immunisation programme 2014 to 2015 guidance' has been uploaded.
- Information about the flu vaccine has been updated.
- Added latest version of document
- First published.