Provides information on the flu vaccination programme for children, the vaccine and how to administer it.
The national childhood flu immunisation programme 2017 to 2018: information for healthcare practitioners
Ref: PHE publications gateway number 2017246 PDF, 310KB, 25 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document on the flu vaccination and vaccination programme includes information on:
- what flu is
- the flu vaccine
- administering the vaccine
- advice on vaccinating children with an egg allergy
- further resources
The slide set which accompanies this guidance can be viewed and is available to download.
Published: 8 October 2013
Updated: 15 August 2017
- Added link to slideset for the 2017 to 2018 national childhood flu immunisation programme; for viewing and downloading.
- Revised guidance for the 2017 to 2018 flu season.
- Updated to included more information on vaccine effectiveness and viral shedding.
- Updated to include recommendations for the 2016 to 2017 flu season
- Updated to include additional questions and links to related documents
- Information for healthcare practitioners on the national childhood flu immunisation programme 2015 to 2016
- 'The national childhood flu immunisation programme 2014 to 2015 guidance' has been uploaded.
- Information about the flu vaccine has been updated.
- Added latest version of document
- First published.