Guide for carriers on fines for bringing a passenger to the UK who does not have the correct immigration documents.
Guide for carriers about:
- when you may become liable for charges under Section 40 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- how charges are raised by UK Visas and Immigration ports.
- how you can make representations to the UK Visas and Immigration Port Inspector after a charge has been raised.
- how you can submit objections to the Carriers’ Liaison Section when a charge has been maintained by the port.
- your right of appeal to the courts.