Certificate of Residence application: letter applications only (RES1)

Use form RES1 if you're requesting a Certificate of Residence for Limited Companies or Partnerships, including Lloyd’s syndicates. It is important you choose the correct option when applying.


Certificate of Residence application: letter applications only (RES1)


Use form RES 1 if your a Limited Company or a Partnership to request HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) a letter Certificate of Residence where:

  • you would consult the relevant Double Taxation Agreement (DTA)
  • there is DTA with the relevant country and the DTA does not require a form to be completed
  • the DTA requires a form please obtain one from the relevant country’s website and send it to HMRC

UKs Double Taxation Agreements with other countries.

Before you start

If you are using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.

Published 6 March 2018