Certificate of lawful use or development appeals: procedural guide
The responsibilities of each party and the roles they have in the certificate of lawful use or development appeal process.
PDF, 432KB, 50 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide includes details about:
- responsibilities of the appellant, the local planning authority and other parties
- who decides an appeal?
- what is the timetable for an appeal and what are the rules?
- what are the procedures?
- can new material be introduced during the appeal process?
- where will the decision be published?
Published: 30 June 2014
Updated: 23 March 2016
- On 23 March 2016 the Planning Inspectorate published revised versions of its four procedural guides on Planning Appeals, Called-in Planning Applications, Enforcement Notice Appeals and Lawful Development Certificate Appeals. Each document highlights important changes.
- First published.