- Date requested: 30 March 2011
- Publish date: 07 April 2011
- Updated: 26 May 2011
Can the department the following information in relation to the Framework Agreement Contract - UK Darlington: administration services:
- Suppliers who applied for inclusion on each framework below and were successful & not successful at the PQQ and ITT stages
- Contract values of each framework (and any sub lots)
- Start date and duration of framework
- If the framework/contract is being renewed?
In respect of the UK Darlington Administration Services notice summary, those suppliers who applied for inclusion, those who were successful / unsuccessful at the PQQ and ITT stages, the contract value, start date and duration, and whether the framework agreement is being renewed.
With regards to the tender notice (reference 147222-2009), it was to award a contract, rather than a framework agreement, for the administration of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
Four companies submitted an expression of interest at the PQQ stage:
- Capita Business Services Ltd
- Hewitt Associates Outsourcing Ltd
- Mouchel Ltd
- Paymaster (1836) Ltd
All companies were issued with an invitation to participate in dialogue (slightly different to an ITT because the companies were asked to enter into a competitive dialogue). After competitive dialogue was complete, all the companies were invited to submit a best and final offer (BAFO) although one organisation chose not to do so.
Following receipt and evaluation of BAFOs from Capita, Mouchel and Paymaster, Capita were successful in being selected as the preferred supplier.
The contract started on 24 March 2011 entering into a transitional period before service commencement on 1 October 2011. The contract is for an initial term of 7 years (from service commencement date) with the option to extend for up to 3 years after. The value of the contract for the initial term is £89m.