Carbapenemase-producing Gram-negative bacteria enhanced surveillance: ERS data collection manual
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Carbapenem resistance: guidance, data and analysis
- 30 April 2015
- Last updated:
- 12 July 2016, see all updates
Describes the core and enhanced datasets in the electronic reporting system (ERS) for the enhanced surveillance of carbapenemase-producing Gram-negative bacteria.
Electronic reporting system enhanced surveillance of carbapenemase-producing Gram-negative bacteria: data collection manual
Ref: PHE publications gateway number: 2016141 PDF, 406KB, 56 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The ERS serves 2 main functions as a system for:
- laboratories to request full characterisation of Gram-negative bacteria where expression of an acquired carbapenemase is suspected
- NHS Trusts to submit enhanced surveillance data
This guidance describes the 3 surveillance sections requiring data entry in the ERS:
- core dataset
- enhanced dataset: all patients
- enhanced dataset: admitted patients
Published: 30 April 2015
Updated: 12 July 2016
- Updated to reflect changes following a system upgrade on 11 July 2016.
- First published.