Tax treaties between the UK and Canada and related documents.
PDF, 172KB, 26 pages
PDF, 270KB, 11 pages
The double taxation convention as amended by protocols signed on 15 April 1980, 16 October 1985 and 7 May 2003, is effective in Canada from 1 January 1976.
The convention is effective in the UK for:
- Petroleum Revenue Tax for any chargeable period on or before 1 January 1976
- Corporation Tax for any financial year beginning on or after 1 April 1976
- Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax for any year of assessment beginning on or after 6 April 1976
- development land tax for any realised development value accruing on or after 1 August 1976
The 2015 exchange of notes on arbitration was signed on 11 August 2015, entered into force on 21 December 2016 and takes effect in the UK and Canada from that date. The arrangements set out in the 2015 Exchange of Notes add extra rules to the provisions on arbitration that were inserted into the Canada - UK Double Taxation Convention by the 2014 protocol.
Published: 25 January 2015
Updated: 5 January 2017
- 2015 Canada/UK Exchange of Notes on Arbitration - not in force updated with new pdf.
- Added descriptive text: "The 2015 exchange of notes on arbitration was signed on 11 August 2015 and has not yet entered into force."
- First published.