You can use this general licence if you’re a landowner, occupier or other authorised person.
To preserve public health and safety in the close season, this licence allows you to:
- kill or take Canada geese
- take, damage or destroy Canada goose nests and eggs
You must use permitted methods of control stated on the licence and comply with its other terms and conditions.
When you must apply for an individual licence
You must apply to Natural England for an individual licence if you need to carry out activities that are:
- not permitted by this licence
- on or near sites that are protected for birds
To find sites protected for birds, click on the MAGIC interactive map. The orange and purple hatched areas show where you must apply for an individual licence.
To zoom in for more detail:
- click on the ‘+’ symbol below the on-screen compass
- drag the map to your location using the mouse or trackpad