Camping or caravanning exemption certificate application and renewal

Apply for or renew your camping or caravanning exemption certificate to hold an event at your site without needing a licence.


Camping or caravan exemption certificate application or renewal form

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Application or renewal form for:

  • camping exemption certificates (applications under section 269(6) of The Public Health Act 1936 - applies to England and Wales, not Scotland)

  • touring caravan exemption certificates (applications under paragraph 12 of Schedule 1 of The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960)

You must include the following with your application:

  • your club’s constitution
  • code of conduct
  • rally/meeting programme for most recent year
  • evidence of previous experience

See the guidance on getting an exemption to camp without a licence or planning permission.

Published 2 December 2013