Cabinet Office annual report and accounts 2011 to 2012
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The Cabinet Office annual report and accounts of activity and services provided by the department for the financial year 2011 to 2012.
Ref: ISBN 9780102978353, HC 56 2012-13 PDF, 1.74MB, 208 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Cabinet Office annual report and accounts of activity and services provided by the department for 2011 to 2012.
Tables derived directly from the Annual Report and Accounts 2011/12 are now available in a reusable format. The data sets include:
- annual report tables
- public expenditure data tables
- management commentary
- remuneration report tables
- accounts main statements and notes
Please note that these changes have not been made in the downloadable report.
On page 19 of the Annual Report and Accounts 2011-12 there are some errors. Instead, this text should read as per below:
Ref para 1, the goals of Red Tape Challenge relate to existing regulation and not to new regulation.
Ref para 2, the statement “that during 2011/12 over 12,000 regulations were reviewed through Red Tape Challenge” is incorrect. Instead, the report should say that during 2011/12 ministers took decisions on almost 1,500 regulations, of which (as at April 2012) ministers had announced they would scrap or improve well over 50%. This included many measures with real business impact - such as those on health & safety and environmental regulation described in page 13 of the report - as well as obsolete ones such as trading with the enemy regulations.
Ref para 3, to clarify, the one in one out policy was launched in autumn 2010 and the government committed to maintain a net zero or negative cumulative cost for business of domestic regulation for the period from 1 January 2011 onwards.
Pages 34 and 35 - Common Areas of Spend Table
- procurement 
- voluntary and community sector (VCS)/Small and medium enterprises (SME) 
- total procurement spend 
- procurement spend with SME2 
- procurement spend with VCS2 
- price of standard box of white copier paper (£/2500 sheets) 
average price of energy (£/KWH) 
-  data is based on invoice payments to third party suppliers only and excludes VAT
-  excludes the Government Procurement Service and the Central Office of Information
-  also reflects prices paid by the Government Procurement Service and the Central Office of Information
-  the procurement spend figures presented in this table differ from those reported in the Accounts which include intra-government payments, non-recoverable VAT, accruals and pre-payments, and are net of receipts