The purpose, aim, work arrangements and membership conditions.
This group of over 100 organisations and trade associations, representing a wider network of around 1 million businesses, helps BRDO to better understand the views of the business community with regard to regulation. It explores issues, identifies potential solutions, and gives feedback on BRDO’s ideas and proposed work programmes, to ensure issues of real importance to a broad base of the business community are addressed.
BRDO maintains a close relationship with nine core members:
- Association of Convenience Stores
- British Chambers of Commerce
- British Retail Consortium
- Confederation of British Industry
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Food and Drink Federation
- Forum of Private Business
- Institute of Directors
- National Federation of Retail Newsagents
Accompanying the terms of reference and list of member organisations above is a report produced from research commissioned by the Business Reference Panel to explore the regulatory environment on the high street. It provides a summary of the issues raised by businesses and makes 12 recommendations with practical solutions to address some of them.