Budget representations: guidance
Guidance for submitting Budget representations.
Guidance on how to submit a Budget representation, which is a written representation from an interest group, individual or representative body to HM Treasury with the aim of commenting on government policy and/or suggesting new policy for inclusion in the upcoming Budget.
HM Treasury welcomes representations as part of the policy-making process. The views of stakeholders are gratefully received.
The Spring Budget 2017 representations survey has now closed.
Published: 16 January 2014
Updated: 20 December 2016
- Updated with Spring Budget 2017 information.
- Updated as the deadline for Autumn Statement 2016 representations ended on 7 October. The survey is now closed.
- Details of Autumn Statement 2016 added.
- representations for Budget 2016 are now open
- Updated for Autumn Statement 2015
- Updated to reflect that the July 2015 Budget submissions deadline has now passed. The Chancellor of the Exchequer will give his Budget to Parliament on Wednesday 8 July 2015.
- Updated for Budget July 2015
- Updated for Budget 2015
- Updated to reflect guidance on submitting representations for Autumn Statement 2014.
- First published.