A review of the British Hallmarking Council's (BHC) 2014 achievements and its aims for 2015.
This corporate statement sets out the BHC’s duties, powers, finance and membership. The BHC will continue to work with the 4 assay offices to protect the UK jewellery and precious metal trade. It will also continue to advise the government on legislation changes.
The BHC corporate statement includes the following:
- a review of the 2014 objectives and to what extent these have been met
- the Council’s objectives for 2015
- rules and guidelines on duties and powers
- finance and membership of the Council
- responsibilities of the chairman and secretary
- communications between the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Council