This corporate statement sets out the BHC’s duties, powers, finance and membership. The BHC will continue to work with the 4 assay offices to protect the UK jewellery and precious metal trade. It will also continue to advise the government on legislation changes.
The BHC corporate statement includes the following:
- a review of the 2014 objectives and to what extent these have been met
- the Council’s objectives for 2015
- rules and guidelines on duties and powers
- finance and membership of the Council
- responsibilities of the chairman and secretary
- communications between the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Council