Get funding for covers to existing slurry stores to improve slurry as a fertiliser and reduce ammonia emissions from beef and dairy farms in England.
You can apply for this grant to help pay for covers to existing slurry stores on dairy and beef farms in England.
Slurry store covers provide the benefit of:
- protecting the store from rainwater and reducing storage and field application costs
- reducing the loss of nitrogen and increase the quality of slurry as a fertiliser
- reducing ammonia emissions and improving air quality
- minimising odour emissions
You’ll receive one-to-one advice from a farm adviser on ways to reduce ammonia emissions and conserve nitrogen which could increase the efficiency and reduce costs of your farm system.
- £61.00 per square metre for self-supporting covers for slurry stores
- £11.20 per square metre for floating covers for slurry stores and lagoons
Apply from 1 December 2016 to 31 January 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Natural England will deal with applications in the order received if the scheme is over-subscribed.
Use the attached:
- guidance to make sure you’re eligible and find out how to apply
- specification for installing slurry store and lagoon covers
Complete the application form and send to:
Farming Ammonia Reduction Grant Scheme
Telephone Natural England for:
- general enquires - 0300 060 3900
- help with your application form - 0208 026 2018