Tax treaties between the UK and Australia and related documents.
The double taxation convention entered into force on 17 December 2003.
The convention takes effect in Australia from:
- 1 April 2004 for fringe benefits tax
- 1 July 2004 for withholding tax on income derived by non-residents and other Australian tax on income or gains
The convention takes effect in the UK from:
- 1 April 2004 for Corporation Tax
- 6 April 2004 for Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- 1 July 2004 for taxes withheld at source