- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Part of:
- Medical devices: safety guidance, Medicines and medical devices: product-specific information, and Patient safety
- 18 December 2014
- Last updated:
- 25 January 2017, see all updates
Guidance on the definition of assistive technology and safe use of this type of medical device, which includes mobility aids and therapy equipment.
This Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) guidance for healthcare professionals covers:
- examples of assistive technology
- a definition of aids for daily living
- common safety issues
- sources of further information
Published: 18 December 2014
Updated: 25 January 2017
- Amended link to guidance from DfT on mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs on the road.
- Guidance on the main issues of wheelchairs in cars and private transport - reminders for safe use.
- First published.