Assessment objectives for new GCSEs, AS and A levels
Details of the assessment objectives we will be rolling into our regulations for new GCSE, AS and A level subjects.
Assessment objectives are part of the assessment arrangements for these qualifications. We will adopt the assessment objectives set out below into our regulatory framework through the subject-specific conditions that exam boards must comply with when designing their specifications.
In early 2015 we will consult on proposed subject-specific conditions and guidance that will give effect to the assessment objectives set out in the attached document. In the meantime we are publishing them here so that they can be considered and understood alongside the subject content requirements and our decisions on assessment arrangements for these qualifications.
Published: 18 December 2014
Updated: 9 May 2016
- Corrected a typo in the weightings for GCSE science.
- Added assessment objectives for other subjects
- Added information about consultation on changes to assessment objectives for physical education
- Assessment objectives for GCSE Citizenship Studies, GCSE Food preparation and nutrition, GCSE Drama and AS and A level Drama and Theatre added
- Added assessment objectives for GCSE: art and design, computer science, dance, music and physical education; AS and A level: dance, music and physical education.
- First published.