Assessment objectives for new GCSEs, AS and A levels
Details of the assessment objectives we will be rolling into our regulations for new GCSE, AS and A level subjects.
Assessment objectives are part of the assessment arrangements for these qualifications. We adopt the assessment objectives set out in the attached document into our regulatory framework through the subject-specific conditions that exam boards must comply with when designing their specifications.
Published: 18 December 2014
Updated: 31 March 2017
- Added additional subjects
- Corrected a typo in the weightings for GCSE science.
- Added assessment objectives for other subjects
- Added information about consultation on changes to assessment objectives for physical education
- Assessment objectives for GCSE Citizenship Studies, GCSE Food preparation and nutrition, GCSE Drama and AS and A level Drama and Theatre added
- Added assessment objectives for GCSE: art and design, computer science, dance, music and physical education; AS and A level: dance, music and physical education.
- First published.