Restorative justice (RJ) schemes - where offenders meet their victims face-to-face - aim to reduce reoffending.
Find detailed advice, checklists, example forms, models, standards and legislative guidance in Thames Valley Partnership’s guide ‘Wait ‘til eight: an essential start-up guide to NOMS RJ scheme implementation’.
You’ll find out how to take 8 steps to make sure you establish safe, effective practices:
- Set up a management and planning group.
- Set up a case identification system.
- Match need with resources and staffing.
- Develop information-sharing agreements with staff, partners and agencies.
- Carry out risk assessments.
- Begin to engage victims and offenders.
- Set up systems to record and evaluate RJ meetings.
- Plan how to feed your RJ work into the wider offender management system.