How to apply for approval to hold a dedicated sale for TB restricted cattle in England, and the procedures to follow when a market is held.
A dedicated sale (market) for TB restricted cattle must be approved by the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA).
The guidance explains the approval process to hold a market for the sale of cattle from herds under TB movement restrictions. This allows TB restricted cattle to be moved to an approved finishing unit or directly to slaughter.
The guidance provides details on:
- conditions for the approval of a dedicated sale
- veterinary inspection of the market
- length of the approval and renewal visits
- notifying authorities when a sale is to be held
- managing the movement of cattle
- cleansing and disinfection
This guidance only applies to England.