This publication was withdrawn on
This standard is no longer available and has been replaced by the engineering technician standard.
Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the automotive sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is not yet ready to use.
An apprenticeship standard is only available for delivery when both the standard and assessment plan is approved and a funding band (core government contribution) has been assigned to the standard.
Under our reforms, employer-designed standards will replace frameworks over the course of this parliament.
Employers involved in creating this standard
If you’d like to get involved and contribute to the development of the toolmaker & tool and die maintenance technician standard, please read the guidance for trailblazers, and email the trailblazer contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard for a toolmaker & tool and die maintenance technician was developed by:
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd
- BMW (UK), Manufacturing Limited
- Jaguar Land Rover Limited
- Vauxhall Motors Ltd
- The Manufacturing Technology Centre Ltd
- Pektron Group Limited
- George Utz Ltd
- NAC Group Ltd
- Gauge & Toolmakers Association
- Unipres (UK) Limited
- Gestamp Tallent Ltd
- Northamptonshire Industrial Training Association Ltd (NITAL)