Future of apprenticeships in England: guidance for trailblazers
Guidance for groups of employers (trailblazers) on proposing and developing a new apprenticeship standard.
Ref: BIS/15/632 PDF, 1.26MB, 79 pages
Future of apprenticeships in England: guidance for trailblazers – updated annexes/templates (January 2017)
Ref: DFE-00043-2017 ODT, 149KB
This file is in an OpenDocument format
Ref: BIS/15/632/B MS Excel Spreadsheet, 31.7KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
An apprenticeship standard shows what an apprentice will be doing and the skills they need.
This guidance sets out the process and policy on:
- applying to develop an apprenticeship standard
- drafting the standard and assessment plan
- using a standard
- midday on Thursday 23 February 2017
- midday on Thursday 30 March 2017
Submit your proposals or plans online
You can submit your proposal to develop a new apprenticeship standard using the online form.
You can also submit your standard and assessment plans online.
Published: 4 March 2014
Updated: 27 January 2017
- Replaced annex document with updated version. Changes are described in the document.
- Updated link to online forms and added 2017 submission deadlines.
- Updated link to online proposal submission form and added October submission deadlines.
- Updated costing template.
- Added the costing template (annex 9) Excel file.
- Added annexes Word document.
- New version of guidance added.
- Updated guidance document 'Future of apprenticeships in England: guidance for trailblazers - from standards to starts'.
- Guidance updated to reflect the latest policy and process.
- Updated guidance document 'Future of apprenticeships in England: guidance for trailblazers' (version 3) published.
- Future of apprenticeships in England: funding reform technical consultation: interim statement added
- Added link to related consultation in main text and guidance document.
- First published.