How apprenticeship funding will affect employers from May 2017, including the apprenticeship levy and the online apprenticeship service.
Details of how government will fund apprenticeship training in England from May 2017, and what these changes will mean for employers.
See our policy paper on apprenticeship funding from May 2017 for more detail.
Published: 18 March 2016
Updated: 14 July 2017
- Updated the definition of the 'English percentage'.
- Updated guidance on using the apprenticeship service - added information on the 'English percentage' and transferring funds between organisations. Also clarified guidance for employers who won't pay the apprenticeship levy.
- Added a link to the apprenticeship service.
- Updated advice on using funds in your apprenticeship service account.
- Added link to HMRC guidance on paying the apprenticeship levy, and added advice on preparing for the introduction of the apprenticeship service.
- Updated guidance to reflect final arrangements for apprenticeship funding from May 2017.
- Updated guidance and added information about proposals to make changes to apprenticeship funding from May 2017.
- Added further detail about the apprenticeship levy.
- First published.