- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Apprenticeships: resources for teachers and advisers, Further education and training, and Apprenticeships
- First published:
- 4 November 2014
- Last updated:
- 3 January 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
A list of apprenticeships frameworks available for employers and training organisations.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 19.7KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
An apprenticeship framework:
- covers all the statutory requirements for an apprenticeship programme in England
- is used by colleges, employers and training providers to make sure that all apprenticeship programmes are delivered consistently and to national standards
- includes the names of all qualifications and what each qualification is worth
- gives guidance on how to get onto an apprenticeship programme, the time it will take and career paths available after an apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Frameworks Online (AFO) contains detailed information on all of the apprenticeship frameworks currently available.
It contains information on both publicly funded and non-funded frameworks with England and Wales. The Skills Funding Agency only supports frameworks which are publicly funded.
An apprenticeship certificate must be in place for the full apprenticeship to be recognised. You can get the certificate from Apprenticeship Certificates England when an apprentice has completed all elements of their programme.
Searching for an apprenticeship
Employers can use the find apprenticeship training service to search for suitable apprenticeships and identify approved training providers who can deliver that training.
The service contains details of training providers who currently offer apprenticeships. It will be updated in 2017 to reflect the new register of apprenticeship training providers.
Published: 4 November 2014
Updated: 3 January 2017
- Updated list of apprenticeships frameworks.
- Updated apprenticeship frameworks fact sheet.
- Updated apprenticeship framework live list.
- Updated apprenticeship frameworks factsheet.
- Updated link on marketing framework in the live list.
- Added apprenticeship framework fact sheet.
- Updated information about the agreed modifications to the Specification of Apprenticeship Standards for England (SASE) (with effect from 6 April 2015).
- First published.