Application registration card (ARC) enquiry form

Use the online ARC query form to contact the Home Office about your ARC card.


ARC query form


You can only use the online ARC query form to contact the ARC assurance team if:

  • your ARC has been lost, stolen or seized
  • you never received your ARC
  • your ARC has expired
  • it is not your photograph on the ARC
  • you have received an ARC and it is not yours
  • you have a party policy enquiry

Please check your Home Office documentation, as you will require your port reference or Home Office reference number to submit your enquiry.

Read the application registration card (ARC) guidance for details on eligibility, getting an ARC, using an ARC and additional information on resolving problems with an ARC.

Further submissions

If your further submissions have been agreed to be a new asylum claim, please contact the casework team who made that decision if you have any queries.

If you have been refused asylum, and have no further rights of appeal, and you have made a further submission to the Home Office, your entitlement to ARC will be notified at a later date by the further submission team.

If you have a delivery notification from TNT courier which has failed, use the online form to report this as lost.

Change of details to your ARC

If you are enquiring about a change of details to your ARC including:

  • name
  • nationality
  • date of birth
  • gender
  • been granted PTW work and not received your ARC with the correct work permission

Please contact the asylum team dealing with your case.

If your Home Office paperwork does not show the address where you currently live

Please update your address using our change of address form.

If you do not have the required documentation to use this form, please contact the team dealing with your case to update your address. Please wait until you are notified that your address has been updated before submitting your enquiry.

If you are a third party

If you are a legal representative, from a third sector, NHS trusts, an educational institute or another government or local government department and have an ARC policy query, please submit the form and select ‘Third party—ARC policy enquiry’. We will respond to you to request further information. Bulk enquiries are preferred.

Status enquiries

We cannot provide status enquiries for asylum seekers or case updates. You must refer to the casework team dealing with a case. The validity period on ARC does not confirm any right to remain in UK. ARC does not confirm status or residence in any way.

Please report any ARC which are received but do not relate to occupants of your house using the form. We will inform you what to do with the ARC. Other correspondence should be returned to the Home Office.

We aim to respond to all queries within 4 weeks.

Published 23 April 2020
Last updated 6 September 2021 + show all updates
  1. Updated information on further submissions.

  2. Updated ARC form details.

  3. Updated details on further submissions to the Home Office.

  4. You must now complete your application registration card (ARC) enquiry form online.

  5. First published.