Alternative provision census 2016: technical specification
Business and technical specification for local authorities and software suppliers to prepare for the alternative provision census 2016.
Ref: DFE-00218-2015 PDF, 691KB, 34 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 210KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This is technical information about submitting data for the alternative provision census 2016.
- suppliers of software for school and local authority management information systems (MIS)
- local authority users of MIS software
The specification describes:
- what data local authorities should supply
- how to structure the data in XML
Software suppliers should use the list of validation rules so that local authorities can validate the data they submit.
You should also read the common basic data set (CBDS). This defines common data items that schools use in MIS software and that we use in our data collections.
More guidance on submitting data for the alternative provision census is available.
Published: 20 July 2015
Updated: 24 December 2015
- Updated the validation rules document. See the document's version history for description of changes.
- Updated the validation rules document to version 1.7. Changes are described in the version history within the document.
- Updated technical specification to version 1.4. Changes are set out in the document's version history.
- Updated the validation rules document. Change is described in the document's version history.
- Updated the validation rules document. Changes are set out in the document's version history.
- Updated the business and technical specification and validation rules documents. Changes are set out in the documents’ version histories.
- First published.