Alternative Investment Fund Managers: Election Form for Restricted Profits (HNWU12)
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) tax mechanism and Investment schemes
- First published:
- 7 March 2014
- Last updated:
- 12 May 2016, see all updates
Use this form to elect to use the Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFM) mechanism for an AIFM partnership.
You should fill in this form if:
- your firm is a partnership, including a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), that includes managing one or more alternative investment funds
- the firm wishes to elect to use the Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFM) mechanism for members of the partnership/LLP to allocate their ‘relevant restricted profits’ as set out in Section 863I-L of Income Tax (Trading and Other Income) Act 2005 to the firm
- you have the authority to make the election on behalf of the firm
The signatory of the form must have the authority to act on behalf of the firm, and by filling in the form confirms that the partnership or LLP is an AIFM firm within the meaning of the legislation.
Published: 7 March 2014
Updated: 12 May 2016
- A new version of the alternative investment fund managers mechanism election form has been published.
- An amended version of the election form has been added to this document.
- First published.