Use the online form service or the postal form to claim exemption from registration by a maker of cider or perry for sale.
Ref: CP33 https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/Excise/1.0/CP33&template=CP33.xdp
To claim exemption from registration for the cider or perry you make to sell, where the total quantity made of either (including that made for your own consumption) is no more than 7,000 litres in any 12 month period, you can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to or set up a Government Gateway account)
- fill in the CP33 form on-screen, print it off and post it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
You’ll get a unique reference number when you submit the form online that you can use to track the progress of the form online.
If you intend to make flavoured cider, please read paragraph 5.5 of Notice 162: cider production.
To fill in the form you’ll need:
- details of any directors or partners, including their:
- date of birth
- contact telephone number
- your Company Registration Number, if you have one (you can find this on the company’s certificate of incorporation)
- date of incorporation, if you have one
- your VAT Registration Number, if you have one
You may need to give HMRC extra information to support your application.
Please read Excise Notice 162 before claiming exemption.
Before you start using the print and post form
If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.
Related forms and guidance
Find out if you need to register for Cider Duty as a commercial cider or perry maker and how to submit returns and payments.
Alcohol duties: application to register as a cider or perry maker (CP30)
Use the online form service or postal form CP30 to register as a maker of cider or perry for sale, if you’re a limited company or other corporate body.
Published: 4 April 2014
Updated: 16 June 2016
- Details about additional information required to support an application to register have been added to the page.
- An online form is now available.
- First published.