Use the online service or postal form CP30 to register as a maker of cider or perry for sale, if you're a limited company or other corporate body.
If you’re a limited company or other corporate body and want to register as a maker of cider or perry for sale you can:
- use the online form service (sign in to or set up a Government Gateway account)
- fill in the CP30 form on-screen, print it off and post it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
If you intend to make flavoured cider, please read paragraph 5.5 of Notice 162: cider production.
You’ll need the following information to fill in this form:
- details of any directors or partners, including address, date of birth, and contact telephone number
- Company Registration Number, if you have one - this can be 8 numbers or 2 letters followed by 6 numbers (you’ll find this on the company’s certificate of incorporation)
- date of incorporation (if you have one)
- VAT registration number (if you have one)
- the estimated volume of cider or perry you’ll produce in the next 12 months
- details of any other cider or perry production premises you own
- details of the appropriately approved warehouse if you intend to send your cider or perry for further processing, including their address and approval or registration number
You may need to give HMRC extra information to support your application, including a premises plan. This is a detailed plan showing the position and description of the rooms, vessels, plant or equipment you’ll use for your trade.
You’ll get a reference number when you submit the form online that you can use to track the progress of your application. You should include this with any extra information you send by post.
You’ve 15 working days from when you submit your online application to send HMRC an entry of premises plan. If you don’t, HMRC will be unable to proceed with your request, meaning you’ll have to resubmit it and this will be treated as a new application. Send the plan to:
HM Revenue and Customs
Excise Processing Teams
Read Notice 162: cider production before filling in the form.
Before you start using the print and post form
If you can’t use the online form service, you can use the print and post version of the form and send it to the above address.
You’ll need to fully fill in the form before you can print it off. You can’t save a partly completed form so have all your information with you before you start to fill it in. You’ll need to send an entry of premises site plan with your completed application.
If you’re using an older browser (for example Internet Explorer 8) you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.