EU ETS Phase III: guidance for aircraft operators
Guidance to help UK administered aircraft operators understand and meet their compliance obligations under the revised EU ETS Directive.
European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) Phase III: How to comply with the EU ETS for the period 2013 to 2016
Ref: LIT 7591 PDF, 447KB, 39 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance will help you meet your obligations under the UK Regulations and applicable European legislation.
It explains how to:
- notify your regulator
- make applications (including emissions plan applications)
- comply with the conditions in your approved emissions plan
It’s divided into 5 sections:
- Do I have any obligations under the EU ETS in the UK?
- How do I apply for an emissions plan?
- I have an approved emissions plan, what do I need to do now?
- Things have changed, what do I do?
- I’m not happy with a decision, what should I do?
This guidance is applicable to the 2016 scheme year. It outlines your obligations up to and including the surrender of allowances in respect of your 2016 reportable emissions by 30 April 2017.
This guidance will be updated for scheme years 2017 to 2020 once the European Commission has confirmed the reporting and surrender obligations for this period.
Published: 23 December 2013
Updated: 10 February 2017
- Update to clarify that the reporting requirements for 2017 remain unchanged from what is stated in the guidance.
- This guidance replaces any previous guidance for the scheme years 2013 to 2016, and reflects the 2014 amendment to the EU ETS Directive.
- First published.