Air accident monthly bulletin September 2016
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 2.58MB, 74 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
September Bulletin 9/2016
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- BAe ATP (G-BUUR), go-around due to autopilot issue and subsequent elevator control problems, on approach to Guernsey Airport, 26 January 2016
General Aviation - Fixed wing
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
- Boeing E75 Stearman (N43YP), groundloop on landing at North Weald Airfield on 13 April 2016
- Cessna 182P (G-OJHC), very heavy landing at Carlisle Lake District Airport, on 10 May 2015
- Cirrus SR20 (G-GCDC), loss of control during touch-and-go and collision with a stationary aircraft, Swansea Airport, 20 January 2016
- Eurofox 912(S) (G-CHUP), right main landing gear leg failed during landing roll, Shobdon Airfield, Herefordshire, 31 March 2016
- Europa XS (G-CCUL), gear-up landing, Rayne Hall Farm Airfield, Essex, 5 June 2016
- Guimbal Cabri G2 (G-CILU), main rotors struck the ground, Cotswold (Kemble) Airport, Gloucestershire, 29 June 2016
- MCR-01 (G-CUTE), heavy landing after canopy opened in flight, Brimpton Airfield, Berkshire, 5 June 2016
- Mooney M20F (G-CEJN), right MLG collapsed during the landing roll at Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield on 17 April 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat (G-CHAD), loss of directional control after landing, Mitton Farm Airstrip, West of Penkridge, Staffordshire, 22 June 2016
- Ikarus C42 FB UK (G-IKUS), aircraft crashed whilst avoiding a hedge when taking off, Strubby Airfield, Lincolnshire, 30 May 2016
- Quik GT450 (G-CJAJ), loss of control on landing, Sutton Meadows Airfield, Cambridgeshire, 19 June 2016