June Bulletin 6/2019
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A319 (OE-LQE), loadsheet and takeoff-performance calculation error, London Gatwick Airport, 30 September 2018
- Bell 429 (M-YMCM), bird strike on approach to Edinburgh Airport, 25 November 2018
- Boeing 737-8Q8 (YR-BMF), tailstrike on takeoff, Birmingham Airport, 28 July 2018
- ERJ 170-200 STD (G-FBJK), incorrect takeoff configuration for calculated performance, Dublin Airport, Ireland, 11 August 2018
- ERJ 190-100 SR (G-LCYZ), incorrect engine performance mode used on takeoff from London City Airport, 11 December 2018
- Spitfire Mk.T IX (Modified) (G-CTIX), undercarriage indication fault leading to undercarriage collapse on landing, Denham Airfield, Buckinghamshire, 27 February 2019
- Cessna 195 (N1581D), engine failure and forced landing, Colestocks, East Devon, 3 January 2019
- Diamond DA42 (N648KM), loss of control in IMC, en route from Retford Gamston Airport to Weston Airport, Dublin, Ireland, 27 November 2018
- Europa (G-BVOW), loss of control on takeoff, MOD Boscombe Down, 27 December 2018
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-BAKH), overweight takeoff resulting in forced landing, City Airport, Manchester, 9 September 2017
- Socata TB20 (G-BMIX), taxiway excursion at night, Dundee Airport, 7 February 2019
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-CETT), heavy landing and contact with metal gate post, Carrickmore Airfield, County Tyrone, 10 April 2019
- Ikarus C42 FB100 (G-CIIN), departed runway after hard landing, Tandragee Airstrip, County Armagh, 23 March 2019
- MCR-01 ULC (G-HARD), aircraft struck the ground to the north of the runway during a go-around, Eshott Airfield, Northumberland, 18 October 2018
- Quik GT450 (G-PVSS), loss of control during the landing roll, Northrepps Aerodrome, Norfolk, 20 January 2019
- Rotorsport UK Calidus (G-CGOT), rotor blades struck the ground during takeoff, Leicester Airport, Leicestershire, 12 February 2019