Air accident monthly bulletin July 2015
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 1.77MB, 76 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
July Bulletin 7/2015
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Hawker Sea Fury T MK 20 (G-RNHF), engine failure and landing gear collapse, RNAS Culdrose, Cornwall, 31 July 2014
- Jetstream 31 (G-GAVA), left landing gear collapse during landing at Doncaster Sheffield Airport, 15 August 2014
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A380-861 (A6-EEC), small fire on No 4 engine exhaust nozzle after parking, Manchester Airport, 24 December 2014
- Beech 99 (VQ-THL), aircraft landed with the nose gear locked in the up position, at Providenciales, 7 December 2014
- Cessna F172H (G-AWGD), loss of directional control on takeoff, at Keyston Airfield, on 15 April 2015
- Diamond DA 40 D (G-CCHD), engine failure and forced landing, near Shoreham on 7 March 2015
- DH82A Tiger Moth, G-BYTN, failed to become fully airborne at Netherthorpe Airfield on 16 April 2015
- PA-28-161 (G-BZMT), engine failure after takeoff, White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire, 11 May 2015
- Rans S10 (G-BRPT), engine failure during descent to land at Henstridge Airfield on 27 April 2015
- Robin ATL (G-GFRO), damaged following forced return to Nympsfield gliding site on 11 April 2015
- Sipa 903 (G-ASXC), loss of directional control on go-around, Eaglescott Airfield, Devon, 4 April 2015
- Z-1RA Stummelflitzer (G-ZIRA), tipped inverted on landing due to excessive brake application, White Waltham Airfield, 25 April 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Magic Cyclone (G-IXXY), loss of control on landing, Perth Airport, Perthshire, 5 February 2015
- Hoffmann H 36 Dimona (G-BNUX), heavy landing at Saltby Airfield on 24 April 2015
- Jabiru UL-450 (G-CBOP), loss of control on landing, Oxenhope Airfield, West Yorkshire, 10 March 2015
- Pegasus Quantum 15 (G-MZGG), engine failure shortly after takeoff from Sutton Meadows Airfield on 15 April 2015
- Rans S6-ESD XI (Modified) (G-MZBV), engine failure and forced landing, near Andreas Airfield on 21 April 2015
- Rotorsport UK Calidus (G-PCPC), overturned after rotor struck tailplane during preparation for takeoff, Damyns Hall Aerodrome, Essex, 8 April 2015