The AAIB Bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports and is published on the second Thursday of the month.
PDF, 4.17MB, 104 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
April Bulletin 4/2017
Summaries of Aircraft Accident Reports
This section contains summaries of Aircraft Accident (‘Formal’) Reports published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- Hawker Hunter T7, G-BXFI crashed onto public road during air display, near Shoreham Airport, 22 August 2015
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
General Aviation - Fixed wing
- Piper L18C (G-AXLZ), wake vortex encounter during takeoff, Shoreham Airport, West Sussex, 18 July 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Rotorsport UK MT-03 (G-MEPU), pilot incapacitation, Turweston Aerodrome, Buckinghamshire, 28 July 2016
- Schleicher ASG 29E (G-VLCC), uncontrolled dive with sustainer engine deployed, Moundsmere, near Basingstoke, Hampshire, 21 July 2016
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A320-214 (G-EZWX), loss of automatic stabiliser trim, in-flight from Heraklion to London Gatwick, 27 July 2016
- DHC-8-402 (G-ECOF), APU exhaust duct liner failure, resulting in smoke emanating from rear of aircraft, Belfast City Airport, 30 October 2016
- Socata TBM 700N (M-VNTR), stall and loss of control, Fairoaks Airport, Surrey, 15 October 2016
- Aero AT-3 R100 (G-SACY), aircraft overturned during an emergency landing in a field, near Sherburn-in-Elmet Airfield, Yorkshire, 4 September 2016
- Auster 5 (G-APAF), engine failure during final approach, Netheravon Airfield, Wiltshire, 30 September 2016
- Eurofox 912(LS) (G-ODGC), right landing gear attachment bolt failure, Eyres Field, Wareham, Dorset, 15 October 2016
- Isaacs Fury II (G-BEER), control difficulties after in-flight leading edge failure, 4 nm north of Billericay, Essex, 14 December 2016
- Jodel DR1050 (G-BKDX), runway excursion and ground loop after landing, Netherthorpe Airfield, Nottinghamshire, 13 November 2016
- Piper PA-32R-301T (N551TT), landing gear retraction during touch-and-go, Blackbushe Airport, Surrey, 16 November 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Flight Design CTSW (G-CGVG), left main landing gear leg collapse whilst taxiing, Hunsdon Airfield, Hertfordshire, 8 October 2016
- Flylight Dragonlite Fox (G-CIEK), loss of power after takeoff, Moor Farm, Chickerell, Weymouth, Dorset, 6 September 2016
- Pegasus Quantum 15 (G-MYMX), engine failure after takeoff, Insch Airfield, Garioch, Aberdeenshire, 15 August 2016
- Pegasus Quik (G-CCOW), departed runway and overturned while attempting to take off, Athey’s Moor (Longframlington) Airfield, Northumberland, 5 January 2017