Advice: funding regulations for post-16 provision
Advice about post-16 funding regulations for the 2016 to 2017 academic year.
Ref: EFA-00102-2016 PDF, 662KB, 56 pages
MS Powerpoint Presentation, 1.02MB
Ref: EFA-00123-2015 PDF, 630KB, 53 pages
PDF, 164KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Ref: EFA-00385-2014 PDF, 472KB, 52 pages
PDF, 989KB, 58 pages
PDF, 488KB, 53 pages
Colleges, providers, schools and academies receive annual funding allocations from the Education Funding Agency (EFA) for provision of 16 to 19 education.
These documents give advice about the use of funds for each funding year.
The main changes over the various funding years include:
- the new condition of funding in relation to the delivery of English and mathematics is confirmed in paragraph 15. The EFA have issued guidance on the condition of funding and the exemptions for this and next year which is available on GOV.UK
- the restriction on funding rates for students aged 18 or over from 2014 to 2015 is described in the rates and formula book
- the references to 19 to 24 students from 2016 to 2017 only apply to EHCP students
- the requirement to be able to evidence to funding auditors that the planned hours in data returns recorded on the student timetable are matched to planned education or training sessions are both realistic and deliverable to all students
- the additional detail on the eligibility of distance delivery for whole study programme sub-contracted provision which also cross-refer to the already announced changes published in the sub-contracting control regulations document
- student eligibility guidance remains unchanged across the years
- version 1.1 has some minor changes where paragraph references have been updated to reflect the recently published sub-contracting controls 2016 to 2017
- annex E has some new additional advice where schools or academies close sixth-form provision and this advice is also now included in ILR returns 2016 to 2017 for all ILR funded provision
- please visit our main funding guidance page for all the latest funding guidance information
Published: 10 March 2014
Updated: 19 August 2016
- Minor update to 16 to 19 funding guidance to reflect the recently published sub-contracting guidance.
- Funding guidance for young people 2016 to 2017 has been added.
- Added 15 16 guidance
- 2014 to 2015 version added to page
- First published.