List of Accounting Officers appointed by HM Treasury up to summer 2017.
PDF, 259KB, 4 pages
PDF, 49.5KB, 2 pages
PDF, 46KB, 2 pages
PDF, 128KB, 3 pages
PDF, 47.9KB, 2 pages
PDF, 483KB, 56 pages
Each organisation in central government must have an Accounting Officer, which is usually the senior official in the organisation.
Accounting Officers must be able to assure Parliament and the public of high standards of probity in the management of public funds.
The Treasury maintains policy oversight throughout. Departments and organisations should notify the Treasury Officer of Accounts, in advance, of any changes to Accounting Officer designations. There should be no gap between one Accounting Officer leaving and another being appointed.
Please contact Adrian Baxter with any questions on Accounting Officer appointments, or call 020 7270 5498.
For advice on audit, risk assurance and fraud, read:
Published: 15 July 2013
Updated: 4 August 2017
- List of Accounting Officers appointed by HM Treasury updated to summer 2017.
- Updated: Accounting Officers appointed by HM Treasury: Summer 2016
- New list of accounting officers added
- list of accounting officers updated to April 2015
- updated list for October 2014
- updated list of Accounting Officers appointed by HM Treasury until July 2014
- Updated Accounting Officers list
- First published.
From: HM Treasury